FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 3, 2016
Ann Marie Cumming
— Alliance of Entrepreneurs and Industry Leaders to Collaborate on New Solutions in Content Delivery, Data Analytics, Advertising and More —
WASHINGTON, D.C. — SPROCKIT and NAB Show today announced the first 10 startups selected to participate in SPROCKIT’s 2016 program. Up to 30 emerging companies will be hand-selected by industry leaders to participate based on their potential to offer real solutions to challenges in today’s evolving market that many established media and entertainment companies face.
Now in its fourth year, SPROCKIT will showcase industry-vetted emerging companies at NAB Show – held April 18-21, 2016 in Las Vegas – and convene throughout the year at SPROCKIT Sync, a series of private meetings where executives and entrepreneurs meet to collectively discuss and introduce new technologies that will advance the industry. Since its launch in 2013, dozens of emerging companies have participated in SPROCKIT and experienced rapid growth, including successful funding rounds, partnerships and even acquisitions.
The first 10 startups invited to participate at the 2016 NAB Show represent a variety of sectors with specific solutions for applications in areas such as advertising, analytics, mobile content production and content delivery. The first 10 participating companies in this year’s SPROCKIT program are:
- AmpLive helps content creators and marketers, using live video, build better audiences by tracking user attention and using that data to retarget and engage at a later time.
- Appiness provides advanced solutions for video commerce. The company offers time-stamped products and brands for shopping via any smart device, locally or internationally
- Crowdynews is the largest social media curation platform, delivering social content to news media worldwide.
- Nervve helps industry leaders to target, measure and monetize media through visual search and analysis.
- OwnLocal builds the bridge between small and medium businesses and local media companies by automating digital marketing through a secure source.
- Stre.am is a mobile live streaming platform with enterprise video player capabilities that is platform-agnostic and can consume live video from mobile devices, GoPros, and more.
- System73 is the “Google Maps” for OTT broadcast video. Simple codes added to the video stream guarantee delivery of high quality video to millions of viewers simultaneously with no blocking, while reducing costs.
- trueAnthem is a data-driven social publishing solution that enables media companies to maximize profitability from social media.
- TVision Insightsleverages state-of-the-art computer vision technology to collect viewers’ demographics, emotions, actual viewing habits, and content engagement by analyzing data from sensors in the living room.
- Vigour empowers media companies and operators to revolutionize online video services using Vigour Video, a world-class interface platform that captivates customers and connects their screens.
SPROCKIT is created in partnership with World Series of Startups, LLC and the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB). SPROCKIT corporate members include: Cox Media, Hearst Television, Samsung, Tegna, Univision and others. SPROCKIT supporters include: Angel Capital Association, Boston Consulting Group, Entertainment Technology Center (ETC) at USC, Interactive Television Alliance, Irving Group, Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, National Venture Capital Association, New Amsterdam Media, New Vantage Group, SmithGeiger and Springboard Enterprises.
SPROCKIT is still accepting applications for participation and will be inviting companies on a rolling basis. The application deadline is March 14, 2016. For more information about SPROCKIT or to submit an application, please visit sprockitglory.com or contact Michele Nebel Peake at 301-774-7739.
Please click here to register as news media.
SPROCKIT is the media and entertainment alliance of corporate executives and industry-vetted emerging companies showcasing and collaborating on products, services and new revenue models. SPROCKIT spotlights industry innovations through two channels: a showcase at NAB Show, the world’s largest media and entertainment event; and SPROCKIT Sync, a series of private meetings where conversations continue in Silicon Valley, New York and Los Angeles. Together, media and entertainment executives and entrepreneurs are shaping the future of the industry by building relationships to tackle cross-sector challenges, forecast trends and bring solutions to market. Learn more at sprockitglory.com.
About NAB Show
NAB Show, held April 16-21, 2016 in Las Vegas, is the world’s largest electronic media show covering the creation, management and delivery of content across all platforms. With 103,000 attendees from 166 countries and 1,700+ exhibitors, NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for digital media and entertainment. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, NAB Show is home to the solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and embrace content delivery to new screens in new ways. For complete details, visit www.nabshow.com.
Article Courtesy NAB