Enter to win national recognition for your station’s community service efforts! The NAB Education Foundation (NABEF) will honor eight outstanding radio and television broadcasters at the annual Celebration of Service to America Awards in Washington, D.C. The event will take place on June 11, 2019 at The Anthem, the District’s newest event venue situated in the heart of The Wharf along the Potomac River.
The Call for Entries window will be open to all broadcasters, NAB members and non-members, January 1 through March 8. One radio and one television honoree will be selected in each of the following categories:
• Broadcast Ownership Group
• Large/Major Market (TV DMAs 1-50, Radio Markets 1-50)
• Medium (TV DMAs 51-100, Radio Markets 51-150)
• Small (TV DMAs 101-210, Radio Markets 151-300)
Award winners receive:
• National recognition
• Roundtrip airfare to and hotel in Washington, D.C. to attend the Celebration of Service to America Awards
• Two complimentary tickets for the Celebration of Service to America Awards
• Opportunity to meet and receive recognition before members of Congress and staff, FCC leadership and broadcast industry executives
The event also recognizes a public figure and corporate business for their dedication to public service. Past honorees include Sharon Stone, Jon Bon Jovi, Stevie Wonder, FedEx, Johnson & Johnson, and Southwest Airlines.
If you have any questions regarding the Celebration of Service to America Awards, please visit nabef.org/sta or contact Michelle Abanez at (202) 429-4189.