FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 20, 2018
Ann Marie Cumming
WASHINGTON, D.C.– NAB Show and Citizine Networks, Inc. announced the nominees for the first annual Travel Video Awards. The awards honor innovative and inspiring travel videos released in 2017 by independent filmmakers, the travel industry, media companies and lifestyle brands. Awards will be presented on April 9, at the 2018 NAB Show in Las Vegas.
“We’re ecstatic about the hundreds of submissions we’ve received, and the creativity and production quality showcased by both independent filmmakers and brands from across the globe,” said Philip DeBevoise, CEO and Founder of Citizine. “Given the importance of video in making travel decisions, it’s clear how these filmmakers, travel organizations, media companies and lifestyle brands have embraced this type of storytelling that is both inspirational and aspirational.”
NOMINEES FOR THE FIRST ANNUAL TRAVEL VIDEO AWARDS
Best Wanderlust Video
– Mexico (Kevin LeClerc)
– Beauty of Nepal (Ludoc)
– A Sense of Wonder (Mathieu Le Lay)
– Travel to – Marrakesh (Antoine Janssens)
Best Hosted Video
– Amsterdam Travel Guide (Alex Hunter, Attaché)
– How To Have The Perfect Day in San Francisco | Travel Guide (Alex & Marko Ayling, The Vagabrothers)
– Nom Voyage: Toronto Pearson International Airport (Andrew Gunadi & Elaisha Jade, gunnarolla)
– Let’s go to Bacalar, Mexico! (Holly Tuggy, SupperHolly)
– Thrones of Semana Santa (Brandon Li)
– Face my Tribe (Michael Zomer)
– Nobody Dies in Longyearbyen (MEL Films)
– Spasiba (Michael Feld)
Best Travel Series
– New Zealand Road Trip (Karl Watson)
– Hasta Alaska – Overlanding The Americas (Kombi Life)
– Chasing the Sun (Save Your Day Films)
– Cuba Travel Series (Mike Dewey)
Best Video by a Cruise or Airline
– 48 Hours in Abu Dhabi – Etihad Airways (Etihad Airways, Brandon Li)
– Los Angeles Travel Guide (Thomas Cook Airlines, Attaché)
– Passage to Inspiration – Seabourn’s Mediterranean (Seabourn, WSJ Custom Studios)
– See the World with Princess Cruises and Come Back New (Princess Cruises, Goodby Silverstein & Partners)
Best Video by a Hospitality Brand
– St. Vincent x W Barcelona Sound Suite (W Hotels, Universal Music Group)
– AVANI: LISBON HOT SPOTS WITH CUCA ROSETA (AVANI Hotels & Resorts, Accent Production)
– Six Senses Zighy Bay Resort (Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Skydrone Visions)
– VAMPPED TOURS: MALDIVES + SRI LANKA (Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Vampped Tours)
Best Video by a Tourism Organization
– Rhythms of Peru (Kuoda Travel, The Tipsy Gypsies)
– SABROSURA – Visit Colombia (Visit Colombia, Sancho BBDO)
– Croatia Full of Life (Croatian National Tourist Board, BBDO Croatia)
– Jordan Tourism Board, North America (Jordan Tourism Board, North America, Backpacking TV)
Best Video by a Media Company
– Carreiros (CNN, Black Tomato Studios)
– Charted Waters (CNN Travel, CNN Digital Labs)
– The Epic Journey to Britain’s Most Remote Pub (Great Big Story, Austin Brown & Sofia Couceiro)
– San Miguel de Allende – 2017 World’s Best City by Travel + Leisure (Travel + Leisure, Tom Grahsler)
Best Video by a Lifestyle Brand
– Road Trip Inspiration // Getting Lost in a Camper Van (PaulCamper, Tobi Schnorpfeil)
– KOLD – My Year 2016 (MVMT, Sam Kolder)
– The Ganja Smoking Sadhus Of The Ganges – Travel Varanasi (World Nomads, Yasmin Bright)
– OtterBox Series Film: Pass It On (OtterBox, Friends of Mine)
The winner for each of the nine categories of the Travel Video Awards, as well as the Nomad Award for the best video across the Independent track, will be selected by Citizine. Public voting for the two Audience Award categories — Best Overall Independent Travel Video and Best Overall Industry Travel Video — is open from March 16 until March 31 at 11:59pm PST.
All video submissions must have aired or been digitally published between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017. Additional information is available here.
NAB Show, held April 7-12, 2018 in Las Vegas, is the world’s largest convention encompassing The M.E.T. Effect, the convergence of media, entertainment and technology. With 103,000 attendees from 161 countries and 1,800+ exhibitors, NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and embrace content delivery to new screens in new ways. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, NAB Show is where global visionaries convene to bring content to life in new and exciting ways. For complete details, visit www.nabshow.com.
Citizine Networks, Inc.
Citizine Networks, Inc. (www.citizine.tv) is a global lifestyle and travel programming brand targeting urban citizens. Citizine creates editorial and video content featuring cultural tastemakers that showcase their cities, favorite places and activities that have been “tagged” using Citizine’s proprietary technology to enable viewers to transact off that content (research destinations, reserve restaurants, build and share personal travel profiles, etc.) —(“Actionable Content”). Citizine currently reaches over 11 million followers through its cross-platform network of cultural and travel influencers from the worlds of food, fashion, beauty, travel and adventure sports, among others. Citizine’s branded content studio works with travel and lifestyle brands to create compelling programs targeting audiences across the globe.
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America’s broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org.
Article Courtesy NAB