FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 23, 2021
Washington, D.C. — The NAB Leadership Foundation announced the 2021 Technology Ambassador Program (TAP) cohort’s graduation from the six-month education and training series. TAP provides training and education on the technological advancements that are growing the broadcast media industry. The list of graduates is available on NABFoundation.org.
During the program, Ambassadors earned Amazon AWS and SBE certifications and learned directly from experts on topics such as NextGen TV, voice demand and radio programming, cloud computing in broadcast and IP networking fundamentals. They also provided insight and participated in focus groups to help develop the next engineering and technology education programs.
“We are excited to present this year’s diverse class to the broadcasting industry,” says NAB Leadership Foundation president Michelle Duke. “We are confident that their great talents will continue to bring innovation and new ideas to our industry.”
Sponsors of this year’s program include Amazon AWS, Sinclair, TVNewsCheck and others.
The 2021 Technology Ambassador Program graduates are:
- Rucha Athavale, New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Asheeta Bothra, University of Virginia
- Chase Browning, University of Virginia
- Allison Burns, Appalachian State University
- Mario Chapa, University of Texas – San Antonio
- Maria Depasquale, George Washington University
- Alma Duderija, Loyola University Chicago
- Rebecca Hamilton, Bates Technical College
- Roniecia Harris, Arizona State University
- Krystal Holland, New York University
- Selah Konur, Omega Studios School of Applied Recording Arts and Sciences
- Joshua Li, University of California, Los Angeles
- Maria Marmora, New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Zachary Neace, Western Kentucky University
- Wynter Pero, Omega Studios School of Applied Recording Arts and Sciences
- Angelina Plaza, New Mexico State University
- Jon Sanelli, Hofstra University
- Andrew Saturnino, Union County College
- James Shonubi, Morgan State University
- Rachel Stapholz, Arizona State University
The next class of the Technology Ambassador Program will launch in October 2021, at NAB Show in Las Vegas. Those pursuing a degree or attending technical school focused on a related subject are encouraged to apply.
About NAB Foundation
The National Association of Broadcasters Leadership Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the future of broadcasting through leadership, diversity and community service. Learn more at www.nabfoundation.org.
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America’s broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org.
Article Courtesy NAB