FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 8, 2019
Ann Marie Cumming
— Includes in-depth panel discussions, new product demonstrations and professional networking events —
WASHINGTON, D.C.– #GALSNGEAR, an initiative of Women in Film & Video (WIFV), will host multiple events April 9 – 10 as part of the 2019 NAB Show in Las Vegas. #GALSNGEAR works to ensure women in media production gain access to the latest industry technology and high-level networking opportunities.
“Women are leading throughout our industry. Partnering with NAB Show, #GALSNGEAR puts the focus on those leaders to be sure they are visible in the booths, on the show floor, on panels and across all technical fields of media-making,” said Director/Producer and #GALSNGEAR Founder Amy DeLouise.
The current schedule of events is as follows:
Tuesday, April 9:
8:30 – 9:00 a.m.- Networking coffee in the Central Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center, hosted by Blackmagic Design.
- 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.- Panel discussion and equipment demonstrations broadcast on “NAB Show LIVE.” The broadcast will be co-hosted by Crowded TV Founder Adryenn Ashley and Amy DeLouise.
- 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.- Demonstration of the newest Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro in The Mandy Network booth (SL14317). Co-sponsored by The Mandy Network, B&H- The Studio and Blackmagic Design.
Wednesday, April 10:
- 10:30 – 11:20 a.m.- “What’s New, What’s Next in Post”- Panel discussion about the latest advancements in post technologies and workflows. Participants include: producer, author and entrepreneur Darley Newman; Senior Mixer and Founder of Ott House Audio Cheryl Ottenritter, Five One Color Founder and Senior Colorist Aline Sinquin; and Amy DeLouise.
- 2:00 – 3:15 p.m.- “Case Studies in VR: Creators in Action” (a Post|Production World session)- Panel discussion about new strategies and tools available for virtual reality production. Participants include: Immersionn Founder Alexandra Hussenot; Two Bit Circus Chief Creative Officer Nancy Bennett; Datzi Media Producer and Instructor at Palm Beach Atlantic University Danilda Martinez; Metastage CEO Christina Heller; and Amy DeLouise.
- 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.- Invite-only cocktail reception, sponsored by Dolby and Blackmagic Design.
“We are excited about how well-received our #GALSNGEAR panels and networking events have been during NAB Show,” said WIFV President Robin Noonan-Price. “Our goal is to ensure women in media tech have a place at the table, and a visible one, at such important industry events.”
Last year’s #GalsNGear event at NAB Show drew hundreds of attendees, and the livestream on “NAB Show LIVE” was widely viewed. Additionally, the #GalsNGear hashtag gained over eight million impressions in just three days.
“The #GalsNGear events at NAB Show provide women in media, entertainment and technology the opportunity to connect while developing valuable professional skills,” said NAB Executive Vice President of Conventions and Business Operations Chris Brown. “We’re glad to again be partnering with Women in Film & Video to provide this valuable and empowering platform.”
Additional information is available here.
FREE NAB Show press registration is available here.
About Women in Film and Video
Women in Film & Video (WIFV) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community in the nation’s capital dedicated to advancing the career development and achievement for professionals working in all areas of screen-based media and related disciplines. WIFV is an affiliate of Women in Film and Television International (WIFTI), a global network of nearly 40 locations representing more than 10,000 media professionals worldwide. Visit www.wifv.org.
About NAB Show
NAB Show, held April 6 – 11, 2019, in Las Vegas, NV, USA, is the world’s largest and most comprehensive convention encompassing the convergence of media, entertainment and technology. With nearly 100,000 attendees from 165 countries and 1,700+ exhibitors, NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and fuel the digital storytelling economy. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, NAB Show is where global visionaries convene to bring content to life in new and exciting ways. For complete details, visit www.nabshow.com.
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America’s broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org.
Article Courtesy NAB