The Oregon Association of Broadcasters Foundation solicits and administers scholarship funds for broadcast journalism students. The OABF has contributed more than $300,000 in scholarships to students since its inception.
Who can apply:
- Graduating high school seniors
- First-time freshman
- College undergraduate
- College graduate student
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Financial need is required
- GPA 3.0+
- Oregon residency
- College Major: Broadcasting, Journalism or other broadcast related major
- College: Community College, Public Universities, Private Nonprofit Universities,
located anywhere in the United States.
- Enrollment: Must enroll full-time
- Opens November 1st
- March 1, 5pm PST: Final Deadline. The final deadline for all application materials to be submitted.
If a deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, that deadline will automatically be extended to 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the following business day.
Final Deadline: March 1, 2023
To apply for the OAB Foundation Scholarship:
1. Register for an account, or login to your existing account at: https://app.oregonstudentaid.gov/
2. From the OSAC programs page, select Apply or Edit button underneath the Scholarship Application 2022-2023
3. Complete the first nine sections of the application, which creates your profile.
4. The OAB scholarship will display in Section 10 of your recommended scholarship list if you meet the following criteria:
- Oregon Resident
- 3.00+ GPA
- Majoring in Broadcasting, journalism or other related careers.
5. To apply for the scholarship click the Apply Button next to the scholarship
6. Then the application will complete the rest of the application and submit.
The scholarship fund code for the Oregon Association of Broadcasters scholarship is 805, which can be searched in the All Scholarships section.