Posted On: November 20, 2018
Station/Company: KMTR Sinclair Broadcast Group
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Hours: Full Time
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KMTR-TV in Springfield, Oregon is looking for a great Sports Reporter / Anchor to work in a great sports town! We’ve got the Oregon Ducks and Oregon State Beavers, along with high schools to cover. We are looking for someone who can truly make our sports coverage stand out in our newscasts by delivering more than just the usual scores and highlights. Great storytelling and the ability to report on both the serious and lighter sides of all things sports related is one of the crucial aspects of this position. If you are committed to being a part of a community that knows the difference between pretenders and contenders, then we’d like to see some strong representations of your on-air work.
Required Skills and Experience include:
• Superior knowledge of sports on all levels from professional to high school
• Proven ability to deliver material in a wide variety of on-camera situations
• Able to demonstrate hands-on knowledge of contemporary broadcast newsroom systems, including iNews and Avid video editing is highly desired
• The ability to shoot video and operate as a multimedia journalist (MMJ) would be a plus
• Solid experience in online and social media content creation is required
• A minimum of one year professional on-air experience as a sports anchor and/or reporter is required
• Additional on-air experience is highly desired
• 4-year college degree, preferably with an emphasis in journalism/mass communications/sports, or equivalent professional work experience is required
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel. Please, no calls.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
Contact: Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/Apply Online: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/
Expiration: December 19, 2018