Posted On: July 12, 2021
Location: Portland Oregon
Hours: Full Time
Reporter/MSJ – 11000
Broadcasting – Radio – TV
KGW is looking for a creative, driven and curious news Reporter who can shoot and edit his or her own stories. Known in our newsroom as a “Multi-skilled Journalist,” MSJs are a key part of our newsroom’s coverage on both broadcast and digital platforms.
KGW is committed to innovation while producing outstanding journalism. We want someone who isn’t afraid to tackle complicated stories, who will hold the powerful accountable, and who is excited by the power of great journalism. The ideal candidate will pitch smart stories and tell them in way that is both creative and engaging. Some stories will be same-day turns, while other times you’ll be given more time to execute your vision.
Any candidate for this job should understand that KGW’s digital products are just as important as our broadcast product. We want someone who can write a great web story and be active on social media. Your application should include examples of digital stories you’ve written, and your reel should demonstrate your creativity and journalistic ability.
This role is a salaried, unionized position reporting to the News Director.
• Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for all broadcast and digital platforms while using the latest editing and photography tools. Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories.
• Develop original content through social listening and independent sources. Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
• Enterprise news stories and develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest. Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism minimum of 3-5 years of experience
• Experience with shooting video, editing, and web content management systems
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Strong social media skills and presence
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
OnlineApply Online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JmAvIqNm
Expiration: November 08, 2021