Posted On: August 23, 2021
Station/Company: 1080 The Fan
Location: Portland Oregon
Hours: Part Time
Part-time Host/Producer-Audacy Portland
Audacy Portland’s 1080 The FAN has a cutting edge opportunity for a multi-platform show host and producer. You’ll work for one of America’s heritage sports stations and “The Home of the Oregon Ducks” as a part-time host of Oregon Ducks-related football programming, and a fill-in host or producer for weekday, weeknight or weekend sports shows on The FAN. A vital link between programming, the audience and advertisers, this position requires accurate execution of on-air, long-form talk content from either the host or producer’s position.
As a show host, the ideal candidate will have experience with preparing and executing fast-paced and compelling major sports brand pre and postgame shows, as well as long-form general sports entertainment talk programs. The host will be responsible for program pacing and delivery, on-air interaction with cohosts and producers, and guest interviews. Experience-with and knowledge-of past and present Oregon Ducks Football storylines is a plus.
As a producer, the ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining a precise broadcast at all times. Accurate board work for in-studio programming is a main responsibility. The producer will be responsible for communicating with the program director, show hosts, and broadcast engineers when opportunities or challenges are observed, and will utilize digital and social media assets for sports news, audience interaction, on-demand audio posting and show promotion. The producer will serve as a sports update anchor and may serve as a field reporter. Experience in filming, editing and producing videos for social-digital marketing purposes is a plus.
What You’ll Do:
• Create original content and performing live broadcasts that are entertaining and informative.
• Participate and create original content for all social media platforms; managing online personality presence
• Protect the station’s FCC license
• Ensure that promotions and contests are executed properly
• Operate the control board and perform production work
• Make personal appearances at station events and remote broadcasts
• Other duties as required by management
More About You:
If you’re dependable, creative and have passion for sports across multiple social and digital platforms, Audacy-Portland wants you!
• Familiarity with computers as well as digital audio equipment is required.
• On-air experience including the ability to craft and execute live, long-form talk programs, on-point sports news updates and field reports, is required.
• Extensive social media experience with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram is required.
• Polished phone skills are preferred to help contact guests and answer listener calls.
• Flexibility of schedule is a must.
• Valid driver license and successful completion of a Motor Vehicle Report is required. If use of personal vehicle is needed, proof of insurance is required.
• Proficiency with Pro Tools and/or Adobe Audition production systems is preferred.
• Experience with Twitch and Slack platforms is preferred.
• Proficiency with Adobe Premier, After Effects, MSLR cameras and advanced lighting technique for video will be considered a plus.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Please upload resume and apply at https://careers-audacy.icims.com/
Apply Online URL:
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
OnlineApply Online: https://careers-audacy.icims.com/jobs/2441/part-time-host-producer-audacy-portland/job
Expiration: November 21, 2021