Posted On: November 9, 2021
Location: Portland Oregon
Hours: Full Time
Programming and Marketing Specialist-11870
Broadcasting – Radio – TV
This position works as the primary liaison between KGW, NBC, master control operators, and the programming/inventory team to coordinate national program schedules with local program schedules, help manage the promotion logs and contracts for KGW marketing, and ensure placement of NBC SWAP and spots. This position also oversees Children’s Programming and contributes to the Quarterly FCC 398 report.
• Around 30% of position will also help with daily tv and marketing production
• Contribute to a positive and constructive atmosphere and works to make the department and company more effective
• Works with programming/inventory team on program schedule lineup
• Checks NBC’s APT to integrate the national schedule with the local program schedule, to make sure the audience experience flows seamlessly
• Advises NBC of all clearances, out-of-pattern feed requests, delay broadcasts, and any emergency preemptions of network programming
• Keeps all teams informed of program schedules, programming changes, programming crawls, and contingencies in a timely fashion
• Works in Wide Orbit to assign program house numbers, episode numbers, and inventory codes as well as manage the daily KGW promotion logs and ongoing spot placement on orders
• Oversees the weekly program schedule for the TV Listings Services
• Coordinates the placement of NBC promo and swap spots to meet NBC Affiliate agreements
• Maintains all elements of Children’s Programming, including the required number of airings, and helps create FCC report
• Knowledge of Wide Orbit, NBC APT and FCC Children’s Programming requirements preferred
• Problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot, prioritize multiple projects, and work well with others in a diplomatic way when preparing a schedule or log
• Must be able to handle a fast-paced office environment and adapt successfully to change
• Great attention to detail and accuracy
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
OnlineApply Online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JfkiMPyB
Expiration: March 08, 2022