Posted On: November 27, 2018
Station/Company: KGW8 TEGNA
Location: Portland, Oregon
Hours: Full Time
Join the #1 NBC affiliate group in the country! KGW8 and KGW.com are part of TEGNA Inc. We’re looking for a Photojournalist who is passionate about the craft and thrives on great storytelling on both social media and broadcast platforms.
What you need:
• Responsible for capturing video & audio elements that produce compelling and engaging news, sports, and feature stories in a daily deadline environment.
• Edits stories with Edius or other editing platforms.
• Provide editorial input and collaboration for stories and daily newscasts.
• Operate ENG van and live remote equipment.
• Familiarity with all distribution platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Internet, etc.
• Post to social media, editing social videos, and creating digital content.
• Some MSJ skills preferable
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
What we need:
• College degree or equivalent experience with minimum two years’ experience as a TV photojournalist and news editor preferred.
• Must be able to master editing on Edius non-linear editing system.
• Complete newsgathering skills required.
• Must be able to tell the news story creatively with strong audio and visual skills.
• Must be able to make quick decisions while working under pressured deadlines, willingness to work overtime, and work flexible shifts.
• Strong computer skills in a mobile environment required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, able to lift up to 40 lbs and occasionally up to 80 pounds with or without an accommodation.
• The ability to operate in a team or solo environment in order to produce a compelling story.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
To be considered a candidate for an opening at KGW, you must complete the online application on the employment tab found on: www.kgw.com/about and attach your resume, video link, and cover letter. Paper resumes or any electronic information received that do not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Contact Email: email@example.com
Expiration: December 26, 2018