Posted On: July 19, 2021
Station/Company: All Classical Portland
All Classical Portland seeks a creative, enterprising, and dynamic producer/host for primetime. The ideal candidate will be a natural storyteller who is able to share information about classical music in a passionate and engaging manner, with personality, energy, and integrity. You will be part of a daily collaboration where you can use your creativity to help shape the sound of a vibrant radio station, helping to carry out All Classical Portland’s mission to build cultural community and provide access to the arts for all. This position is a great mix of producing, weekly hosting, youth engagement, and occasional field work.
All Classical Portland is one of America’s top classical music radio stations, broadcasting from the heart of the Pacific Northwest. This station serves over a quarter of a million local listeners in Oregon and SW Washington weekly, and millions of listeners worldwide via mobile app and online streaming.
– Produce, curate, and host a regular on-air classical music program
– Facilitate all aspects of Where We Live, a monthly program dedicated to exploring the intersection of arts and social issues; this includes building relationships with local organizations, scheduling and conducting interviews, and producing a monthly radio piece
– Manage all aspects of Youth Roving Reporters program including recruiting youth, arranging interviews, scheduling and promoting broadcasts, attending events, and mentoring young reporters
– Write web stories and social media engagement for interviews you produce
Edit and report feature stories, and host radio shows and interviews as assigned
– Fill in for other hosts and producers when necessary
– Contribute to All Classical Portland’s International Children’s Arts Network (ICAN) on HD2 and online
– Work with All Classical Portland’s fundraising and marketing team during fundraising and in pre-recording campaign material and online content
– Engage with on-line audience through social media
– Minimum of 3-5 years hosting experience, preferably in public media
– Bachelor’s degree in communications, music, or related field
– Knowledge, love of, and excitement for classical music
– Commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in radio, classical music, and throughout the community, and the demonstrated ability to advance All Classical Portland’s Commitment to Diversity
– Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively under deadline pressure
– Proven intellectual curiosity, creativity, and rigor
– Experience as a host/producer/interviewer
– Strong writing skills
– Demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse audiences
– Proficiency with Adobe Audition, ENCO, and other digital audio systems
– Passion for working with youth and mentoring the next generation of radio journalists and producers
– New Media and podcasting experience/knowledge a plus
Salary range $21.86-$31.23/hour dependent upon qualifications and experience. Membership in IBEW Local 48 required. Occasional nights and weekend work may be required.
Resume and cover letter are required as part of application. In the cover letter please include:
– details about why it is important to highlight art that addresses social issues
– a short outline/vision statement for youth radio broadcast mentorship curriculum
Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
All Classical Portland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
To apply, visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/620784Apply Online: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/620784
Contact Email: email@example.com
Expiration: July 19, 2021