Posted On: March 12, 2019
Station/Company: KOIN 6, a Nexstar Media Group, Inc Television Station i
Location: Portland, OR
Hours: Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: The Editor integrates visual content and audio material to create compelling stories as well as completing daily editing projects for multiple platforms. Edits news stories for news broadcast and other news projects using non-linear computer editing systems.
College degree or minimum 1 year relative experience in the field.
Training/Equipment: Operate design and multimedia production software, as well as control board.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
* Prepare, rewrite, and edit stories.
* Collaborate with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts.
* Capture visual content and edit long-form stories and daily newscasts as needed.
* Collaborate with reporters to obtain concise and accurate news stories.
* Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with co-workers in all departments.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Experience in Web and graphic design software, digital publishing applications and multimedia production software.
* Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods; finds alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
* Detail oriented.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Position requires the operation of computer and editing software. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Must be able to work varied shifts.
ABOUT US: Broadcasting since 1953, KOIN 6 News is Portland’s CBS affiliate, providing local news, network and syndicated entertainment to viewers in Oregon and SW Washington. KOIN 6 News is Watching Out for You with 34 hours of local news broadcasts each week, featuring award-winning, in-depth investigations, news, weather and traffic.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****
How to Apply
Apply Online URL: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.comApply Online: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com
Expiration: April 12, 2019