Posted On: February 11, 2019
Station/Company: KGW TEGNA
Location: Portland, Oregon
Hours: Full Time
KGW Media Group in Portland, Oregon is seeking a competitive, cutting-edge Producer with a real grasp on what new viewers need and want. KGW is a ratings leader in the Portland market and has been named the 2016 Television Station of the Year by the Oregon Association of Broadcasters (OAB). The prestigious award recognizes outstanding journalism and public service throughout the entire year. The OAB has honored KGW with the title for 13 of the last 14 years.
KGW is looking for someone who is a strong news writer; creative; a multi-tasker; active on social media; owns breaking news and weather; a team player; and understands the growing emphasis on the multi-platform, digital first environment. A successful candidate will possess strong news writing, ‘tease’ writing and production skills. KGW puts a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic and winning.
• Produces, writes, and coordinates coverage for newscasts
• Provides editorial guidance to reporters and oversee writers
• Edits video bumps, voiceovers and voiceovers-to-sound using desktop editing
• Attends the editorial meetings and offers at least two news stories a day
• A bachelor’s degree in journalism, film, fine arts or equivalent
• Two years experience line producing
• Strong leadership, writing and organizational skills
• An understanding of audience flow and meter strategy is needed
• Desktop video editing and graphics production skills using server-based digital video systems are required
• Demonstrated proficiency in using social media for news gathering, crowd sourcing, and interaction with viewers and sources
• Engaged and active in social media including: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Knowledge of Portland and Oregon is helpful in this position but not required
To be considered a candidate for an opening at KGW you must complete the online application on the job page found on: www.kgw.com/about and attach your resume and cover letter. Paper resumes or any electronic information received that do not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Expiration: March 11, 2019