Posted On: January 28, 2022
Station/Company: KTVL-TV CBS
Location: Medford Oregon
Hours: Full Time
KTVL has an immediate opening for a creative News Producer! In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our newscasts. This position will also work closely with the Assistant News Director and Anchors on the newscast and its content. In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories and develop content for our web site.
The position requires strong skills in journalism, leadership, and creativity. The candidate will assist the day-to-day production of assigned newscasts. This position will also contribute content to newscasts and digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage their time in order to help put together an exciting and informative newscast. In addition, you must have the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
• Solid news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
• Energy and positivity
• Must work well in a team environment
• Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
• Conduct interviews when required via, phone, email, Skype, or other methods.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have at least some previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered
• A journalism degree is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
OnlineApply Online: https://edyy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_2002/job/5264/?utm_medium=jobshare
Expiration: February 27, 2022