Posted On: January 28, 2022
Location: Portland Oregon
Hours: Full Time
Broadcasting – Radio – TV
KGW in Portland, Oregon is looking for a creative and energetic producer to create newscasts with our team of journalists at one of the most innovative TV stations in the country. We’re looking for someone who believes in the power of local journalism and wants to help craft innovative and informative newscasts. Our show producers craft newscasts with an emphasis on the use of great video, compelling graphics and conversational writing. We want someone who knows the rules of television news but isn’t afraid to break the rules when it best serves the story. The ideal candidate will share innovative ideas for daily content, while maintaining close attention to detail. This producer must be able to write concisely and execute the goals of the newscast with near perfection, while also meeting tight deadlines. Applicants must have breaking news experience, strong editorial judgment, newscast producing expertise, strong writing skills and fully understand the needs of our audience across all our platforms. We encourage applicants to explain in their application why they think working at KGW would be a good fit for them.
You will be joining a creative powerhouse of a team. Visit the “Come work for us” playlist on the KGW YouTube page to get a taste of some of our best work.
• Craft, build, mold, visualize, conceptualize the lead story, deep-dive content, and specialized material for the newscast.
• Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Work directly with management and talent to consistently build a high-quality news show
• Use social listening research, discover and distribute content
• Write in an exciting, accurate and creative way
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
• Enterprise news stories
• Fill in on various shifts as needed
• Inspire a team to work together for a great newscast
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience producing/line producing for newscasts
• Understanding of the tenets of great journalism
• Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
• Knowledge of Adobe products (Premier, After Effects, Photoshop) encouraged
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
• Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations and changing events
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
OnlineApply Online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JLtgEWxW
Expiration: May 26, 2022