Station/Company: KOBI-TV NBC5
Location: Medford, Oregon
Hours: Full Time
Locally owned KOBI-TV NBC5 in Medford, OR is looking for an experienced Anchor/Producer to join our NBC5 News team. If you have a strong background in anchoring, producing, reporting, editing, and are proficient with newsroom computer systems and have knowledge of social media platforms, this may be the right job for you!
Job duties for this position include:
• Anchoring newscast(s);
• Determines the order and the time given for stories to be presented on the news;
• Selects stories to air during show, proofreads all reporter’s scripts for content and accuracy; approves final scripts;
• Researching and writing original reports;
• Edits and assembles new stories; and,
• Adding stories to the KOBI website and social media sites.
To qualify for this position, you must have:
• College degree in journalism/communications or equivalent work experience;
• Knowledge of news gathering, production, and writing;
• Knowledge of journalism policies and practices;
• Ability to professionally report news on-air;
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and without supervision; and,
• Ability to maintain working relationships with staff and the general public.
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week. Our benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance, short term disability, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 is licensed by the FCC; therefore, we must follow federal guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate would be required to pass a 10-panel drug screen, which does include marijuana. A 3-year driving record check and a 7-year criminal background check are also pre-employment requirements, for a candidate offered the position. We also require all hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have updated boosters.
How to Apply
If you meet the qualifications above, send your Cover Letter and Resume via one of the options below. You will be sent an application to complete. You are not considered an “applicant” until an application is returned to us. Incomplete applications will not be considered. 1. Email to: email@example.com. Please include the following in your email message: • The Job Title in the Subject Line • Resume and Cover Letter in Word or PDF format only 2. Mail to the physical address below KOBI-TV NBC5 Kris Gushwa Director of HR 125 S. Fir St. Medford, OR 97501 Hiring Process: 1. Submit a Resume 2. Complete a Zoom interview (may be waived if local) 3. Submit an Employment Application (we will email it to you) 4. Complete an in-person interview 5. Reference Checks 6. Conditional Offer Pending Background Check, DMV Record Check, and Drug Screen Results (Including marijuana) We are an Equal Opportunity EmployerApply Online: https://kobi5.com/job/news-anchor-producer-3/
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expiration: June 23, 2023