Posted On: September 25, 2018
Station/Company: KGW TEGNA
Location: Portland, Oregon
Hours: Full Time
KGW is currently seeking a Major Account Executive to join our team in Portland, OR. The purpose of this job is to negotiate largest share of major account business possible within the boundaries of the rate structure. Super-Serve those accounts and agencies to continue to position TEGNA for maximum revenue opportunities. Responsible for maximizing rates on live sports and delivering share goals on political revenue, and driving revenue opportunities on assigned accounts for OTT (Premion) platform.
• Work hand in hand with Major Accounts Supervisor on price strategy and plan
• Provide market recaps and conditions to buying community
• Responsible for agency and client relationships at all levels
• Position yourself as a resource
• Respond to avails timely
• Negotiate effectively and secure business
• Turn order over to coordinators
• Merchandise our delivery and performance
• Stay highly focused on pre-logs, post, pre-empts, and make goods
• Minimize/eliminate revenue adjustments/credits
• Total budget attainment
• Market share achievement
• Maintain proper pricing based on demand
• Budget attainment for major accounts assigned
• Increased share on all business
• Decreased PE’s due to higher rates and CPP’s
• Reduction in revenue adjustments on business
• Effective positioning of audience with buyers, supervisors and planners
• Hatch and Premion Sales
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
• Minimum 3 years of account engagement in a professional, fast paced broadcast sales environment.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
• Understanding of Nielsen methodology
• Travel as necessary.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects effectively under deadline pressure.
• Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
• Ability to effectively solve problems.
• Creative and able to adapt quickly to change.
• Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organization and time management.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
How to Apply
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JAZIHnob?idpartenaire=10101
Expiration: November 25, 2018