Location: Portland Oregon
Hours: Full Time
Investigative Photojournalist – 14308
KGW News in Portland, Oregon is looking for a skilled and creative Investigative Photojournalist to join our award-winning investigative unit.
We’re looking for a candidate who wants to reach the next level of their career, invest more time in stories that matter, and create journalism that makes a difference. KGW’s investigative unit has a history of creating innovative, hard-hitting journalism and we want to hire someone who will help move the team forward.
Candidates should demonstrate a history of creative shooting and editing. Experience with investigative reporting is preferred but not required if you can show your creativity and journalistic skills in other ways.
We are looking for someone who can bring advanced shooting and editing skills to our team, including experience with digital cinema cameras and DSLRs. Drone experience and FAA Part 107 certification is a plus. After Effects experience is also preferred.
If you are a dedicated, experienced, artistic storyteller, we want you here in Portland! We encourage you to visit the “Come Work for KGW” playlist on the KGW YouTube page to see examples of our most creative and innovative work.
This is a full-time union position.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories, including but not limited to Edius and Adobe Products.
• Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas
• Edit and post video and text content stories for website
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
• Current driver’s license and ability to operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• Minimum 3 years of experience required
• Newsroom experience preferred, but strong candidates can also come from the documentary or video production industries
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• SNG/ENG experience preferred
• Experience with Sony digital cinema cameras (FS5, FS7 or similar cameras) preferred.
• FAA Part 107 drone license, or drone experience and willingness to obtain Part 107 license.
• Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable, and dependable
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Must be able to handle the physical demands of a photojournalist
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
OnlineApply Online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JnAfFfoj
Expiration: August 09, 2023