Posted On: July 23, 2021
Station/Company: All Classical Portland
Job Type: Full-time
Supervisor: ICAN Program Manager
Status: Hourly / Non-Exempt / Union / 40 Hours Per Week
ICAN (International Children’s Arts Network) is a radio service, the first of its kind in the nation, available on All Classical Portland’s HD-2 channel and online worldwide via icanradio.org. As a dedicated safe space for children, ICAN celebrates the joy of being a child, explores other cultures, and enhances learning inside and outside of the classroom primarily through music and literature. The content is produced locally, sourced and shared globally, and curated by All Classical Portland and regional arts partners. Designed for children ages 0-12, ICAN is a resource for children, families, and educators for enriching content that is safe, educational, entertaining, and inspiring. All Classical Portland and the International Children’s Arts Network seek to amplify the diversity of voices that make up our community.
All Classical Portland seeks a creative, self-motivated Production Assistant for our children’s network. The ideal candidate possesses creativity, energy, commitment, integrity, outstanding storytelling and customer service skills, and is organized. You will be part of a collaborative and inclusive organization where you can use your personality and integrity to support the mission of a dynamic radio station, helping to carry out All Classical Portland’s mission to build cultural community and provide access to the arts for all. The role includes support for the ICAN Producer in a fast-paced broadcast environment. This position is a great mix of administration, scheduling, marketing, and producing. Candidates should have superior multi-tasking and organizational skills and be able to meet deadlines. Our dynamic environment requires the ability to be flexible and adjust to changing priorities. Occasional night and weekend hours will be required.
· Manage schedules for ICAN talent and the ICAN Program Manager/Producer and Host
· Engineer recording sessions and cut, edit, and produce audio features
· Research story ideas; pull recordings and contact people and organizations of interest
· Write web stories and social media content for interviews you produce
· Identify local organizations for potential partnership or sponsorship opportunities
· Oversee and coordinate in-house production of a weekly live show, Thursdays @ Three
· Assist with occasional content production on All Classical Portland
· Assist with ICAN and All Classical Portland events, both at the station and with outside organizations
· Other duties as assigned
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Experience as host/producer/interviewer, preferably in public media
· Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively under deadline pressure
· Social media, and/or web development experience
· Familiarity with ENCO and Music Master preferred
· Experience with an audio editing suite and previous audio production work also preferred
· Event planning experience a plus
This position requires occasional lifting of 25-30 lbs., sitting at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time, ability to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach daily, ability to perform general office tasks such as copying, printing, delivering, and using the telephone.
Salary range $16.71-$23.88 dependent upon qualifications and experience. Membership in IBEW Local 48 required.
Resume and cover letter are required as part of application. In the cover letter please include details about your experience working with children.
All Classical Portland is an equal opportunity workplace – we do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, sex, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, marital or familial status, appearance, sexual orientation, principal language, veteran status or disability. Prospective or current employees may notify the appropriate local, State or Federal agency if they believe they have been the victims of discrimination. This policy applies to activities related to recruiting, retention, training, promotion, or separation. For more information about All Classical Portland please see our history on the About page.Apply Online: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/649865
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expiration: August 23, 2021