Posted On: March 29, 2019
Station/Company: All Classical Portland
Location: Portland, OR
Hours: Full Time
The Donor Engagement and JOY Program Coordinator manages all outgoing station email and social media communications, oversees the JOY outreach programs (Youth Roving Reporters, Where We Live series, ICAN, and Night Out), processes donations, and assists in providing a personable point of contact for donors of all giving levels. This is a temporary position; anticipated length of service is 3-6 months.
This position is responsible for the execution of daily communications and social media tasks, data entry, and community outreach via email blasts and website spotlights. The Coordinator also assists donors with questions via email and phone, as well as seasonal responsibilities around on-air fundraising drives and events, and provides back up support to Administration with the website and responding to listener questions and feedback.
JOY (Joyous Outreach to You/th) Outreach Programs
● Youth Roving Reporters: Manages all aspects of program including arrangements for tickets, interviews, scheduling and promoting broadcasts, and attending events with young reporters.
● International Children’s Arts Network: Assists in the development of the International Children’s Arts Network. e.g. Creating marketing materials, community research, partnership development and coordination.
● Night Out: Facilitates an evening of art and/or music, with arrangements for travel and tickets for listeners who apply.
Marketing & Communications
● Writes, designs and executes all station related website spotlights.
● Writes, designs and manages bi-weekly e-newsletter, sent to 25,000 readers.
● Writes, designs and manages additional monthly e-newsletter, sent to 5,000 Sustaining donors.
● Coordinates print and digital marketing materials for station events and activities.
● Assists donors with questions via email and phone.
● Data entry in Allegiance donor database.
● Develops social media plan for All Classical Portland and executes social media actions.
This position requires occasional lifting of 25-30 lbs., sitting at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time, ability to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach daily, ability to perform general office tasks such as copying, printing, delivering and using the telephone.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively under deadline pressure
• Experience with project management and customer service
• Proficiency with Microsoft office, WordPress and various social media platforms
• Commitment to integrity, confidentiality and ethical communication
• Background in graphic design
• Creative problem solver; self-starter who takes initiative to figure out how to take an idea and make it work
• Ability to interface closely with internal technical and non-technical staff to support All Classical Portland’s Mission
• Experience in Development and/or Marketing
• Interest in and commitment to the core values of public service media; interest in classical music
• Knowledge of non-profits and radio a plus
Pay is competitive and dependent upon qualifications and experience.
How we work:
All Classical Portland maintains seven FM radio stations serving Portland Metro, the Willamette Valley, Columbia Gorge and Oregon Coast. In addition to traditional over-the-air distribution, we utilize digital media technology to make live radio, archived audio and streaming video available to a global audience on many devices. We strive to provide a consistent and high-quality experience across our platforms. Because All Classical Portland serves an audience locally and globally 24/7/365, our team must be ready to respond to issues that may arise outside of normal business hours.
We seek to be very productive and subscribe to the idea that a small, highly dedicated and motivated team can produce the best classical music service on the planet. We work in a highly creative and dynamic environment and take pride in making the most of our precious resources. You’ll be joining us at an exciting time as we continue to grow our listenership and expand our service and programming offerings. All Classical Portland is located at the base of the new Tilikum Crossing in a gorgeous, state-of-the-art facility with a stunning river view.
We love this music.
Ready to apply?
Send your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
All Classical Portland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Send your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please.Apply Online: https://www.allclassical.org/about/employment/
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expiration: April 30, 2019