Posted On: August 7, 2021
Location: Portland Oregon
Hours: Full Time
Director of Digital Content-11209
Broadcasting – Radio – TV
We’re looking for a visionary news leader who understands rich/unique/local news content and social engagement on multiple platforms and can lead for the future. The Director of Digital Content for KGW, TEGNA’s NBC affiliate in Portland, Oregon, will serve as a member of the senior news management team and lead the publication and distribution of engaging, compelling content across multiple platforms. This person must exhibit stellar news judgment, team leadership and development skills, and work collaboratively with others.
Must be expert at leading a great team, training varying levels of digital/social competence to perform at the highest level and implementing exceptional, engaged content on digital properties. This includes, but is not limited to: breaking news coverage, special project content, franchise support, social media, text/email updates/alerts/contests, and various digital revenue products available to our audience on KGW.com, mobile apps, social and voice platforms, and more. Works closely with the News Director to prioritize and set short and long term goals and serves as primary liaison for digital sales project implementation. Must be a team player dedicated to continuous improvement, staff engagement and driven to perform at a superior level. This person will play a key role in charting the station’s digital content and growth strategy.
• Manage the digital content team and lead digital strategy to grow multi-platform content, audience and engagement
• This person will participate in editorial meetings and work with the reporters and managers to keep all digital platforms updated.
• Teach, coach, and mentor both members of the digital team and the entire newsroom in best practices for writing and producing content for digital and social platforms
• Be the voice of innovation in the newsroom and inspire others to follow your lead
• Lead our newsrooms to develop workflows that deliver our content 24/7 across current and future platforms with storytelling that is optimized for each screen
• Analyze and actively use data and metrics to inform editorial and strategic decisions and to create accountability for results
• Actively partner with the news director and marketing director to create three-screen synergy (TV, digital, mobile) around station content and campaigns
• Oversee all station efforts in social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other emerging platforms.
• Lead the content team in identifying new content types and innovative technologies that help us reach and serve new audiences
• Create unique, engaging, and shareable content
• Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content
• Collaborate with content leaders across TEGNA to maximize the sharing of our content and to leverage innovation and best practices among stations
• Hold newsroom employees accountable to TEGNA’s ethical and editorial standards
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or equivalent experience in the field
• 5-10 years of content experience, including at least 3 years successfully managing other journalists in a supervisory role
• Solid journalistic judgment and a news philosophy that emphasizes accurate, fair and unique local content, along with community engagement
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and the ability to deal with the rapid pace of news
• A deep understanding of social strategy and SEO with the hunger to keep up with emerging trends
• Knowledge of online CMS and news production systems along with social newsgathering tools like CrowdTangle and Social News Desk
• Experience analyzing audience data and identifying behavioral trends, Google Analytics experience a plus.
• Passion and vision for emerging media
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
OnlineApply Online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JEfPhwiN?jobdetails=true
Expiration: December 03, 2021