Posted On: March 10, 2022
Location: Portland Oregon
Hours: Full Time
Digital Content Producer
KOIN 6 TV/Portland’s CW, a Nexstar Media Inc. owned CBS and CW duopoly in Portland, Oregon is looking for a Digital Content Producer to join our growing digital team. This individual will be responsible for designing and implementing key projects for our digital portfolio.
Position Summary: This role is responsible for updating local website, curating high-performing content, crafting homepage layouts driven by data, and helping to report news — everything from quick-hit local stories to breaking news and enterprise reports. This role will work on building a loyal local audience by being responsive to traffic patterns and audience interest while serving as a steward of our brands.
• Curate and aggregate a steady stream of interesting content that is packaged and promoted in a way that generates engagement and repeat site visitation.
• Monitor all forms of media (print, TV, digital, blogs and social) and be the quick to report breaking news stories and always on the hunt for exclusive and or trending content that will grow engagement and drive loyal, local traffic
• Flexibility to perform duties
• Excellent at writing headlines that grow audience and engagement
• Prioritize packaging content that grows page views per visitor and time on site, using headline testing, metric tools and observed patterns to guide decision making
• Understand different ways to tell a story, particularly producing short videos and choosing great photos.
• Evaluate website traffic trends to make decisions on both daily content needs and longer-term content curation that will grow local audience.
• Build positive working relationships with newsroom staff and management, work collaboratively on enterprise content, and creating opportunities to market web content on broadcast.
• Promote and distribute news content on social media.
Skill/ Experience Requirements
• 2 years of experience in digital content and journalism
• Clever headline writer that gets readers to click
• Strong multi-tasking abilities
• Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker
• Capable of researching, interviewing and writing original news articles
• Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP Style
• Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills
• Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly
• Strong communicator
• Some schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
• Regularly meets measurements of success
• Strong understanding of Google Analytics; Chartbeat experience a plus
• Proficiency in MS Office; HTML, CSS and Photoshop experience a plus
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required; with at least 2 years of experience writing, producing and editing content on a desktop editing system.
TRAINING/EQUIPMENT: Operate computers with desktop editing system.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. Must be willing to work weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), as well as be able to work any and all shifts as necessary, including overnights/early mornings, nights, and holidays.
The employee in this position must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
To Apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KOIN.com: https://bit.ly/2NpjYBu or at the Nexstar Website at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process.
To be considered for this position you must apply online via the Nexstar Media Inc. Career Portal: Please remember to attach your cover letter, resume, and a link to your demo reel or portfolio (if applicable).
Nexstar Careers – First Time users must create an Account
Broadcasting since 1953, KOIN-TV is Portland’s CBS affiliate, providing exceptional local news content on air and online (koin.com), CBS Network programming and syndicated entertainment to viewers across Oregon and SW Washington. KOIN News is Watching Out for You with 51 hours of local news broadcasts each week, featuring award-winning, in-depth investigations, news, weather, traffic, KOIN News AM-Extra and Game-On! Our sister station, KRCW-TV – Portland’s CW – began broadcasting in 1989. Portland’s CW offers CW network programming, along with local sports and syndicated comedy programming and talk shows. Also under the umbrella of KOIN-TV is Antenna TV, which features classic TV programs from the 1960s-1990s, such as Family Ties, Johnny Carson, Bewitched, Coach and many others.
KOIN-TV, KRCW-TV and Antenna TV are Nexstar Media Inc. television stations serving Oregon and SW Washington from our studios in downtown Portland, OR. Nexstar Media Inc. is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing more than 68% of U.S. television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Today, as one of the most powerful and trusted voices in America, Nexstar remains true to its mission to uphold the public interest principles of localism, diversity, and trustworthy, unbiased broadcast journalism. At the same time, the company continues to simultaneously raise its commitment to support the evolving needs and interests of the local viewers, hometown businesses and community organizations that it proudly serves each day.
KOIN/Nexstar Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KOIN/Nexstar Media Inc. values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check.
Please let us know how you heard about this job in your cover letter.
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Apply Online URL:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****
How to Apply
OnlineApply Online: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Expiration: April 10, 2022