Posted On: June 16, 2020
Station/Company: Alpha Media, LLC
Hours: Part Time
Alpha Media – Portland, OR is seeking a talented professional PART-TIME broadcast Reporter/Anchor with a great attitude and an exceptional work ethic for the morning news team of KXL. The ideal candidate is a seasoned reporter with at least three years’ experience working in the newsroom of a medium to major market; someone who is capable of wearing any hat in the newsroom, from being the primary news reporter to traffic anchor and digital content creator, and is able to naturally resonate with the audience.
Alpha Media is the fastest-growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative, and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates radio stations in multiple markets all across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest-growing company in radio today. We are live, local, and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
• Write and report the news.
• Operate on-air console and audio controls.
• Collaborate with show producers and News Director on the news of the day and prioritize coverage.
• Monitor all news coverage on local television affiliates, local newspapers and local radio competitors.
• Available to be on-call after midnight for breaking news stories.
• Provide photos and video while covering news stories when applicable.
• Post stories to station websites and social media sites.
• Create video/audio content.
Requirements of this position may include the following:
• A minimum of three years’ experience working in the newsroom of a medium to major market.
• A minimum of two years’ experience in newsgathering, writing, and on-air anchor duties.
• Must be available to work on an as-needed basis and be available for breaking news.
• Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in use of audio editing software and remote broadcast equipment.
• Ability to interact with the listening audience.
• Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and adhere to strict deadlines.
• This position requires a fully insured personal vehicle and valid driver’s license.
Education and Licensing Requirements:
● High School diploma or equivalent
● Must hold a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
● Previous experience in the broadcast industry.
● Experience operating radio automation systems.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
How to Apply
We’d love to hear a sample of your work! If you would like to send a demo, include the link to your website in your cover letter. If you do not have a website, upload your demo on YouTube, and provide the link. If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast-moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by visiting www.alphamediausa.com/careers/ and clicking on Apply Now. Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.Apply Online: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ALP1009ALMD/JobBoard/8a5ecde6-7408-45f9-8d5d-1bf4e35b089c/?q=&o=postedDateDesc
Contact Email: email@example.com
Expiration: August 15, 2020