Location: Portland Oregon
Hours: Full Time
Broadcast Director – 14305
KGW, the NBC affiliate in Portland, Oregon, is looking for a Broadcast Director. The person filling this role is responsible for coding and punching our locally produced news content using Sony ELC automation. The director works closely with our producers and others in the news department to produce fast-paced, graphic & video-driven, compelling and clean newscasts. KGW produces nearly 7 hours of live local content each day, and our directors are key to making our shows the best they can be. We are seeking an individual who can handle a fast-paced and dynamic newscast. The ideal candidate will bring new, forward-thinking production ideas to the table to help us adapt to a constantly changing viewer base. This is a full-time, union position.
• Code and punch live newscasts and recorded shows using Sony ELC automation.
• Oversee the overall look of the assigned newscast(s).
• Identify and correct potential problems before they hit the air.
• Work closely with other directors to facilitate changes and updates to our automation systems.
• Other broadcast production duties as assigned.
• Experience with Sony ELC Automation, ENPS, Bitcentral, and Chyron graphics systems.
• Ability to adapt and quickly pivot on the fly for breaking news and unexpected events.
• Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on working as a team with producers and directors.
• Bachelor’s degree in TV production or related preferred.
• Must be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
• Ability to work with a flexible schedule is a must. May require mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
OnlineApply Online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JcBFpFIh
Expiration: August 09, 2023