Posted On: September 26, 2018
Station/Company: KOIN / Nextstar
Location: Portland, Oregon
Hours: Full Time
KOIN 6 a Nexstar Media Group, Inc. Television Station in Portland, Oregon is seeking an Experience:
* Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with co-workers in all departments.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Quick and decisive decision-making skills.
* Experience in Web and graphic design software, digital publishing applications and multimedia production software.
* Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
* Create alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
* Detail oriented.
Education/Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, or English and three years’ experience as news assignment editor.
Training/Equipment: Operate newsroom computer system (ENPS). Other web and video skills a plus.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Develop story or content ideas, considering on-air and online audience appeal.
* Research trends and build contacts with key PR people, public information officers, and other newsmakers
* Collaborate with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts.
* Send teams of reporters and news videographers on location to film breaking news
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Position requires the operation of computer and editing software. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Must be available to work a variety of shifts.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Job Req #:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****Apply Online: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com
Expiration: November 17, 2018