Posted On: October 2, 2021
Location: Portland Oregon
Hours: Full Time
Nexstar Media Inc. and its operations in Portland, Oregon – including KCRW/Portland’s CW and KOIN-TV, is looking for a full-time anchor/host for its upcoming live and hour-long daily lifestyle show to air Monday through Fridays on Portland’s CW with special episodes airing on its sister station, KOIN-TV (CBS).
Anchor/Host is responsible for hosting the daily program, conducting in-studio interviews segments, and participating in on-location segments as scheduled. Other responsibilities are as follows but others may be assigned along the way:
• Provide daily on-camera contributions to a daily television show.
• Assisting producer with writing show segments.
• Interviewing show guests/clients both in-studio and on-location.
• Collecting information, video or photos at remote locations for post-production.
• Greeting and assisting guest during show preparations.
• Researching show topics and developing questions for guests in coordination with Producer.
• Attend daily show meeting.
• Assisting on sales presentations including meeting with clients.
• Participating in events – either station-sponsored or others – to promote the show.
• Maintaining a show social media account and assist with all on-line content as directed by the producer.
Requirements and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in film, photography, television, news or related field or equivalent professional experience.
• Proven experience as a host or on-air personality
• Ability to write, shoot and edit packages.
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines.
• Must be energetic, positive and great in a team environment
• Must be a highly-motivated self-starter who’s able to work well alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
Training/Equipment: Newsroom computer systems. Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures and the demands of breaking news, which can happen at any time. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. Travel may be required. A valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record are required. Must be willing and able to work any and all shifts as necessary, including nights, overnights, early morning, days, weekends, and holidays.
Must be able to sit, conduct phone conversations, use email, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
To Apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KOIN.com: https://bit.ly/2NpjYBu or at the Nexstar Website at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process. You must apply online to be considered for this position.
ABOUT US: Broadcasting since 1953, KOIN-TV is Portland’s CBS affiliate, providing exceptional local news content on air and online (koin.com), CBS Network programming and syndicated entertainment to viewers across Oregon and SW Washington. KOIN News is Watching Out for You with 51 hours of local news broadcasts each week, featuring award-winning, in-depth investigations, news, weather, traffic, KOIN News AM-Extra and Game-On! KOIN-TV is a Nexstar Media Group, Inc. television station serving Oregon and SW Washington from its studios in downtown Portland, OR. Nexstar is the largest local television broadcast and digital media company in the nation with a portfolio of 197 full power owned or serviced stations in 115 markets reaching approximately 63% of US television households. Today, as one of the most powerful and trusted voices in America, Nexstar remains true to its mission to uphold the public interest principles of localism, diversity and trustworthy, unbiased broadcast journalism. At the same time, the company continues to simultaneously raise its commitment to support the evolving needs and interests of the local viewers, hometown businesses and community organizations that it proudly serves each day.
KOIN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KOIN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check.
Please mention in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Apply Online URL:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****
How to Apply
OnlineApply Online: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Expiration: November 01, 2021