Posted On: September 23, 2021
Location: Portland Oregon
Hours: Full Time
Account Manger -11538
Broadcasting – Radio – TV
KGW is seeking an experienced multi-media Account Manager to join our dynamic forward-thinking sales team. We’re looking for a driven, self-motivated candidate to develop & execute strategic broadcast and digital marketing campaigns in strong support of TEGNA’s diverse product portfolio.
The Account Managers on our team are charged with managing the advertising solutions that are sold by Account Executives. The Account Manager becomes a key point of contact for our clients and coordinates the full efforts of all the internal team members involved in the fulfillment & execution process to help our clients achieve desired business results and receive a strong return on investment.
• Daily interaction with existing agency and direct client business; this responsibility includes initial avail/schedule creation, management and stewardship of client schedules on broadcast television and is the primary liaison between all departments to fulfill campaigns and sponsorship/initiatives.
• Primary contact for clients after campaign activation with full understanding of the clients’ needs to provide excellent customer service.
• Demonstrates proof of performance for client campaigns, providing clients with broadcast posts, digital recaps and key insights for upsell opportunities.
• Grow accounts by introducing new solution sets, digital strategy and products resulting in additional incremental revenue opportunities without the constant supervision of the AE.
• Partners with Sales Operations Strategist/Local Account Coordinator on scheduled maintenance of TV campaign deliverables/recaps; preparing make-good packages, order entry review and resolving scheduling conflicts.
• Partners with Digital Sales Strategist/Digital Account Manager to be the liaison with AE and client as primary lead to ensure digital team has necessary elements to launch campaigns successfully and gathering post-sale campaign recaps for clients.
• Assist Traffic Department as necessary back up for AE to facilitate accurate scheduling of client traffic.
• Manages co-op process for client schedules.
• Assist in solving invoice discreps and provide aging/statements as necessary to insure full payment of client schedules.
• Able to make decisions and solve problems independently on behalf of designated Account Executives and assigned client list.
• Understands TEGNA and station’s products, processes and services at a high level to benefit client needs.
• College degree or minimum 2 to 3 years media sales experience preferred
• Ability to work collaboratively and transparently across teams, embracing software tools that support the confluence of project and process work
• Proven computer (Microsoft Office), oral and written communications skills
• Superior time management and organizational skills – must be able to manage multiple priorities with confidence, balance and vigor
• Strong analytical skills: attention to detail, streamline, analyze, and present data to assist with management reporting
• Demonstrate true ownership of multiple accounts, with the ability to solve problems using innovative solutions and sound judgement
• Wide Orbit Traffic, Wide Orbit Media Sales and Wide Orbit Connect experience a plus
KGW is a subsidiary of TEGNA. TEGNA provides a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401(k).
To be considered a candidate for an opening at KGW, you must complete the online application and attach your resume and cover letter. Paper resumes or any electronic information received that does not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
OnlineApply Online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JoZrhkzy
Expiration: January 20, 2022