Posted On: February 6, 2019
Station/Company: KGW TEGNA
Location: Portland, Oregon
Hours: Full Time
KGW in Portland, Oregon, is seeking an Account Manager to join our team. KGW8 is a ratings leader in the Portland market. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with KGW Account Executives to develop and execute multi-dimensional and strategic broadcast and digital campaigns.
• Daily interaction with existing agency and direct client business; this responsibility includes maintenance of client schedules and digital campaigns, regular tracking of client audience delivery using Nielsen ratings, developing presentations, merchandising the station and generally providing a high level of customer service.
• Collaboration with sales leadership and aligned Account Executives to serve local agency and direct clients in the ideation and execution of marketing campaigns.
• Creating professional proposals using content provided by team members.
• Proactively identify upsell opportunities for existing accounts.
• Managing the scheduling and fulfillment of campaigns sold.
• Ability to make decisions, solve problems independently in effort to support AE team and sales leadership.
• Collaboration with aligned digital sales support for Implementation and maintenance of digital product offerings sold by AE team.
• Manages the implementation of programs and schedules sold by AE team, this includes coordination of production, entering orders and development and assistance in presentation of proof of performance pieces.
• Openness to change as department sales strategy and market demands dictate.
• Attends sales meetings and training to obtain sales, product and process information and keeping current with company products and services to have the ability to articulate this information to our client base as needed.
• Organization and execution of station events as needed.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• College degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of account service in a professional, fast paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively and independently as part of a team.
• Ability to effectively communicate directly with clients.
• Ability to effectively solve problems.
• Must be detail oriented, be able to multi-task and able to hit deadlines.
• Creative and able to adapt quickly to change.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
• Knowledge of Wide Orbit and Salesforce preferred.
• Valid driver’s license with an excellent driving history, as well as reliable transportation and proof of insurance.
To be considered a candidate for an opening at KGW you must complete the online application on the job page found on: www.kgw.com/about and attach your resume and cover letter. Paper resumes or any electronic information received that do not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
Contact: email@example.comApply Online: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Email: email@example.com
Expiration: March 06, 2019