Posted On: January 11, 2022
Location: Portland Oregon
Hours: Full Time
KOIN 6 TV/Portland’s CW, a Nexstar Media Inc. owned CBS and CW duopoly in Portland, Oregon is seeking an Ignite Director. The successful candidate will have a high degree of professionalism, effective interpersonal relation skills, ability to organize and prioritize workload and function well in pressure situations.
The Production/Ignite Director is responsible for: researching, planning, managing and producing news programming.
MAJOR DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS:
• Direct newscasts, breaking news and other programs using Grass Valley Ignite system. Other programs could include live audiences.
• Must possess strong people skills and production values
• Newscast directing experience required
• Prior experience using the Grass Valley Ignite system or qualified training required. Director will need to build Ignite commands and effects for newscast and other programs
• ENPS newsroom system preferred
• Operational knowledge of Chyron system and Vinten Robotics is a plus
• Must be able to work all shift dayparts (early morning, noon, early evening, late news, and weekends) and holidays
Requirements & Skills:
• High school diploma
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years’ experience in news operations and production. (Depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
• Proficiency with broadcast control equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must have valid Drivers License with an acceptable driving record.
Note: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures and the demands of breaking news, which can happen at any time. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. Must be willing and able to work any and all shifts as necessary, including overnights/early morning, days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time, conduct phone conversations, use email, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
To Apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KOIN.com: https://bit.ly/2NpjYBu or at the Nexstar Website at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process.
ABOUT US: Broadcasting since 1953, KOIN-TV is Portland’s CBS affiliate, providing exceptional local news content on air and online (koin.com), CBS Network programming and syndicated entertainment to viewers across Oregon and SW Washington. KOIN News is Watching Out for You with 51 hours of local news broadcasts each week, featuring award-winning, in-depth investigations, news, weather, traffic, KOIN News AM-Extra and Game-On! KOIN-TV is a Nexstar Media Group, Inc. television station serving Oregon and SW Washington from its studios in downtown Portland, OR. Nexstar is the largest local television broadcast and digital media company in the nation with a portfolio of 197 full power owned or serviced stations in 115 markets reaching approximately 63% of US television households. Today, as one of the most powerful and trusted voices in America, Nexstar remains true to its mission to uphold the public interest principles of localism, diversity and trustworthy, unbiased broadcast journalism. At the same time, the company continues to simultaneously raise its commitment to support the evolving needs and interests of the local viewers, hometown businesses and community organizations that it proudly serves each day.
KOIN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KOIN values the contribution of its employees. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check.
Please let us know how you heard about this position in your cover letter.
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Apply Online URL:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****
How to Apply
OnlineApply Online: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Expiration: February 11, 2022