Each year, the OAB awards scholarships that are offered to graduating high school students and to students enrolled in two or four year college broadcast programs. Applicants must be Oregon residents, enrolled or intending to enroll at a college or university.
Applications must include an essay explaining the student’s reasons for choosing a career in the broadcasting or related field. All successful scholarship applicants will have a minimum GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale. The essay should also address the following topics:
For more information on our 2015-16 Scholarships:
- Any broadcast activities in which the student has participated;
- What the student's first job preference after college would be;
- What are the student's 10-year goals;
- Student's financial needs for a scholarship;
- Information about any other scholarships received by the student, including the amounts;
- Any other academic honors the student has received.
Thanks to all of the students who submitted scholarship applications. The OAB Foundation awarded two $2,500 and three $3,500 in 2014, and since 2004 has awarded more than $117,500 to Oregon resident students in scholarships to help further their educations.
All applications should be sent to the following address:
OAB Foundation Scholarship Committee
Oregon Association of Broadcasters
9020 SW Washington Square Rd, Suite 140
Portland, OR 97223-4433
For more Scholarship Application information, contact the OAB office at email@example.com